Lizards use bolsters too!
Pose of the Week
Utthan Pristhasana / Lizard Pose
This is last Pose of the Week with JoeT, our first ever demonstrator of the season! We are grateful for his willingness and leadership to model real people doing yoga with Inner Space bolsters and mediation cushions. And for him sharing plethora of wisdom off the mat too!
The last pose JoeT is demonstrating is Lizard Pose.
We introduced JoeT in January and shared that he began doing yoga at home during Covid watching Yoga with Adreine videos. There is a great video of Adreine teaching Lizard pose and reminding new students to that the right version of the pose for you doesn't have to be full pose.
We have an InnerView with JoeT sharing how using a yoga bolster has helped him achieve poses he didn't think he could do, when he felt discouraged by actions like getting his hands to the floor or in this case, his elbows to the floor in Lizard pose.
In this version of Lizard pose, JoeT uses a flat bolster under his elbows to support himself. This pose will benefit all hips to welcome them to a happy open place.
- To come into the pose, start on all fours.
- Bring the left foot forward and place it on the floor.
- Bring the elbows down onto a bolster.
- Don't go too deep too fast. Take your time.
- Slide the back right leg back to straighten the leg as you can.
- Leave the top of the back foot on the floor for a beginner version.
- Keep the left knee from opening outwards away from the hip.
- Pretend you are a real lizard. No thoughts. Only instincts.
- Come back to all fours and take second side.