How to use yoga bolsters in Backbend poses
Inner Space Yoga bolsters are made by yoga practitioners, for any body to use. We want every body to experience the benefits of using a yoga bolster while practicing yoga. Because we think our bolsters are that great!
The benefits of using a yoga bolster in backbend poses?
Backbends are a happy place for the spine. By extending the spice, they create space in the lower back, the upper back, and can improve breathing. They open the heart and mind, offering new perspectives on our old ways. Backbends teach us patience in our practice. They are not easy. But with a yoga bolster they are doable for any body. Start small or go big. Use a bolster to start anywhere.
Each featured backbend pose is linked to our Pose of the Week blog, with details on how to do the pose using a bolster, additional variations using bolsters plus more benefits and reasons you should give it a try.
- Use a round yoga bolster for height when hands can not reach heals.
- Use a flat yoga bolster against the wall to press thighs into the bolster, as shown here.
- Use an oval bolster under the pelvis to help lift the body and extend through the legs to the feet.
- Use a flat bolster under hands for sore wrists and stiff shoulders, as demonstrated here.
- Use an atlas bolster for fish pose, and dive into bliss.
- Lift your bow pose with a round yoga bolster.
- Use an atlas bolster for a smaller backbend or stiff back.
- Use any size bolsters to make a pile.
Camel pose with three oval bolsters