How to use a bolster for restorative yoga
Inner Space Yoga bolsters are made by yoga practitioners, for any body to use. We want every body to experience the benefits of using a yoga bolster while practicing yoga. Because we think our bolsters are that great!
The benefits of using a yoga bolster in restorative poses
Doing restorative yoga with bolsters lessons the effort to do the pose as the yoga bolsters support the body. Yoga bolsters make restorative poses relaxing and beneficial. There are many ways to use them. Enjoy our list of restorative poses to help you relax and reset with yoga bolsters. Yoga eye pillows can add blissful benefits to most restorative poses, and are used in some of our demonstrations.
Each featured restorative pose is linked to our Pose of the Week blog, with details on how to do the pose using a bolster, additional variations using bolsters plus more benefits and reasons you should give it a try.
- This variation uses flat bolsters to prop the chest.
- Atlas bolsters can be put under the knees to support the legs.
- Eye pillows provide an added level of bliss.
- Use flat or oval bolsters for Setu Bandha Sarvangasana.
- An atlas can be used under the calf and feet.
- Stack two flat bolsters to provide a higher level of support.
- For less height, use a round, oval, one flat or an atlas bolster.
- An oval bolster gives a healthy side stretch.
- Use a flat or atlas for less stretch.
Use a round bolster for more stretch.
- Any size bolster will work for Viparita Karni.
- A flat bolster provides then biggest base.
- A round bolster gives the pelvis the highest lift.
- Any size bolster can be used for this forward fold when using one bolster. Pictured is a flat bolster.
With TWO bolsters
Savasana with a Zafu and Round Bolster