How to use yoga bolsters in Sitting Poses
Inner Space Yoga bolsters are made by yoga practitioners, for any body to use. We want every body to experience the benefits of using a yoga bolster while practicing yoga. Because we think our bolsters are that great!
The benefits of using a yoga bolster in sitting poses
Some sitting poses are forward extensions, and some require the body to revolve. In these poses, the body bends at the hips and works to achieve a more elongated spine. Often stiff bodies prevent people from achieving the benefits of sitting poses. Yoga bolsters make these poses accessible, so everybody can try them!
Each featured sitting pose is linked to our Pose of the Week blog, with details on how to do the pose using a bolster, additional variations using bolsters plus more benefits and reasons you should give it a try.
- We used a flat for this forward fold with one bolster for each person.
- For additional height, a round or oval bolster can be used.
- For less height, use an Atlas.
- Any size bolster can be used for this forward fold when using one bolster.
- We offer additional demonstrations on the blog using two flat bolsters and a strap, or a chair and a flat bolster - for our less flexibly friends.